Act IV Study Questions
The study questions found on this page and under the other Act pages are supplemental. However, you might find some of these exact questions on reading quizzes.
- Why is County Paris visiting Friar Laurence?
- What does Juliet threaten to do if she is forced to marry Paris?
- What plan does Friar Laurence propose to Juliet?
- What does Juliet fear regarding Friar Laurence's plan?
- Why does Capulet move Juliet's wedding from Thursday to Wednesday? Why would this cause a problem with the Friar's plan?
- Find two examples of alliteration in Act IV.
- Find one example of personification in Act IV.
- Who discovers Juliet's apparent death?
- What does Friar Laurence say to console the Capulets on the death of their daughter?