Act III Study Questions
The study questions found on this page and under the other Act pages are supplemental. However, you might find some of these exact questions on reading quizzes.
- What are the two tragedies in the first scene of Act III?
- Why does Romeo first attempt to halt the fight?
- What causes Romeo to finally participate in the fight?
- Why does Romeo say he is "fortune's fool"?
- What sentence does the Prince decree on Tybalt's murderer?
- Who tells Juliet the news of the death? Who does Juliet think has died?
- What is Romeo's reaction to the Prince's decree?
- What admonition (advice) does Friar Laurence give Romeo?
- What rash offer does Capulet propose to Count Paris in Scene iv?
- How does Juliet know that it is morning at the beginning of Scene v?
- What does Juliet do to alienate herself from her family in Scene v?
- Find two examples of foreshadowing in this scene.