Act II Study Questions
The study questions found on this page and under the other Act pages are supplemental. However, you might find some of these exact questions on reading quizzes.
- What imagery (comparisons) does Romeo use to describe Juliet? List three.
- Why does Juliet say she does not want Romeo to swear his love by the moon?
- Before parting, what do the young lovers decide?
- Why does Friar Laurence agree to marry Romeo and Juliet?
- Why is Mercutio worried about Tybalt's challenge to the Montagues?
- What do you learn about the nurse's character in the way she delivers Romeo's information to Juliet?
- How does Romeo plan to enter Juliet's house?
- What is a soliloquy?
- What elements in Scene iv foreshadow the fate of Romeo and Juliet?